Monday, April 25, 2011

Potty training

I have a hard time potty training Png Png as compared to Chen Chen.

Chen Chen obeyed and followed what we said with regards to potty training. He was fully off diaper by 29 month.

Png Png refused to sit on potty and toilet bowl. I followed what I read from baby center on potty training and start Png Png with sitting on the potty with diaper and pants on.

I set a rule for Png Png. Other than breakfast, lunch and dinner, he has to sit on potty to eat whatever he wants to eat. And, I call that potty time. I can only practise this during night time after I came home from work.

On the other hand, I let him go without diaper to let him feel how comfortable and cooling it is to be without diaper.

Tonight he was on the potty with pants but without diaper during potty time. He asked for diaper half way eating the cookies I baked for him. I asked him if he wants to pass urine or motion. He told me he wanna pass urine. I purposely delayed in putting him on diaper. I discovered that his pants were wet when I wanted to put him on diaper. I told him he urinated and looked around for the puddle of urine all over the house but in vain. I asked Png Png where did he urinated. He told me in the potty. True enough there was urine in the potty. I was in cloud nine. I praised him and told everyone at home. Everyone cheered for Png Png. He was as happy as a king. Hope his potty training start from today and bid goodbye to diaper very soon

No comments: