Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Helix Bridge

The Helix Bridge (Chinese: 螺旋桥), is a pedestrian bridge linking Marina Centre with Marina South in the Marina Bay area. It was officially opened on April 24, 2010 It is located beside the Benjamin Sheares Bridge and is accompanied by a vehicular bridge, known as the Bayfront Bridge.
We were there at the offical opening. We got there before 9m but public were not allowed to go to the bridge. We had no choice but went to the viewing stage
Png Png enjoyed walking up the steps which is very steep. It's good that he walked. I find it scary to carry him to walk up the steep steps
It was tiring for me to hold him and walk up and down. He refused to sit.
He walked along the rows of chair
Finally the Helix Bridge was opened to the public around 9pm. It was very crowded and noisy. There were many performances at different stations. Png Png danced to the music that he heard along the way. My boys enjoyed stepping on the spot light on the floor, especially Png Png.
Chen Chen and hubby had fun watching Korean drum performance by amateur. I didn't get to watch that as Png Png was sleeping on my shoulder. It was difficult for me to squeeze in with the crowd. I stood aside to enjoy the beautiful lighted scenery of the Helix Bridge

No comments: