Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Books my boys like

Most of the books that I recorded here are books that Png Png likes. Chen Chen chooses his own books nowadays. He prefers non-fiction books on planets, fishes, animals, dinosaurs, volcano,etc.

Png Png likes the book "I love you through and through". He wants me to read this book to him especially before bed time. He carried his carebear and sat besides me. He bent down and held his legs to action underside (the action he likes). He said "throw tantrum, even the bear runs away" when comes to the page I love your mad side


I love your hair and eyes,Your giggles and cries...A toddler and his teddy bear illustrate a young child's happy side, sad side, silly side, mad side, and more!

Png Png likes books series Good habits with Coco and Tula
Good-bye diaper is the first book I borrowed for him. He can recite 90% of the book as I read along. I didn't expect him to recite the book but he gave me a surprise one fine night.
Coco demonstrates good bathroom habits as he sits on the toilet until he's done, uses toilet paper, flushes the toilet, and washes his hands
The 2nd book I borrowed is Let's eat. Png Png recited this book too. And, he even brought the scenario to the dinning table
Coco demonstrates good table manners as he washes his hands before eating, sits correctly at the table, clears his dirty dishes, and washes his hands and brushes his teeth after the meal
Png Png likes books by Margaret Wise Brown especially Goodnight Moon
“In the great green room there was a telephone and a red balloon, and picture of a cow jumping over the moon…
…And ther were 3 little bears sitting in chairs, and a little toyhouse and a young mouse and two little kittens and a pair of mittens, and a comb and a brush and a bowl full of mush and a quiet old lady whispering hush…
…Goodnight Moon.
…Goodnight light and the red balloon.
…Goodnight bears and goodnight chairs, goodnight house and goodnight mouse.
…Goodnight kittens and goodnight mittens.
…Goodnight nobody, goodnight mush, and goodnight to the old lady whishpering hush.
…Goodnight socks and goodnight clocks, Goodnight stars and goodnight air, goodnight noises everywhere.”
Good night moon 123
In the great green room, there is one quiet old lady whispering hush....Two little kittens..... Three little bears ................ Count all the way to one hundred stars
My World
This book is a famous companion to Goodnight Moon. Using the same format, this tale features the rabbit family as they go through their day: brushing teeth, eating breakfast, going fishing, reading stories, and climbing into bed. For a small bunny, the big world can be boiled down to "My slippers. / My pajamas. / Daddy's pajamas," and "Mother's chair. / My chair. / A low chair. / A high chair. / But certainly my chair. The little bunny defines his world in terms of his parents: "Daddy's boy./ Mother's boy./ My boy is just a toy Bear." The last page underscores the little rabbit's contentment: swinging from a tree branch as his parents sit nearby on the porch, he announces: "Your world./ My world./ I can swing/ Right over the world.
Run away Bunny. I bought this book as a birthday present for Png Png's 2nd birthday. I was surprised that he likes this book. It is lengthy.
A little bunny who wanted to run away. But each time he tells his mother where he will run to, she tells him that she will come after him. For instance, when the bunny says, “I will become a fish in a trout stream and I will swim away from you,” his mother replies, “If you become a fish in a trout stream, I will become a fisherman and I will fish for you.” And so on until the little bunny, surrendering, concludes, “Shucks, I might just as well stay where I am and be your little bunny.”
The story concludes with her offering him a carrot.
Both my boys like the book "Click Clark Moo Cows That Type" by Cronin, Doreen.
Farmer Brown has a problem: his cows like to type. But his problems really begin when they leave him a note saying that the barn is too cold and they want electric blankets. Before long industrial relations have gone from bad to worse and both cows and hens are on strike.. Both my boys laughed hilarious especially Chen Chen while I read this book to them

No comments: