Monday, November 15, 2010

New at Carpe Diem

I wanted to send Png Png to childcare middle of this year but my family members can't bear to let him go to childcare since he was only 27 months middle of the year. They said since Chen Chen went to childcare at 36 months, why not send Png Png to childcare at 36 months. I wanted to send Png Png to childcare before Chen Chen graduated from childcare hoping that it will be easier for Png Png to adapt since Chen Chen is still in the childcare. So, the last draw is December. On a second thought, unlike Chen Chen, Png Png has not attended unaccompanied class before going to childcare. I decided to send Png Png to childcare in middle of November to start him on 1/2 day childcare then full day childcare in December.

Png Png was very excited on the first day he goes to childcare. He wanted to wear the uniform. We let him wear Chen Chen's uniform since Chen Chen is still wearing size S, the smallest size uniform. I asked Png Png if he wants to go to kor kor's school. He said yes. I asked if it is fine that he goes to school with kor kor. He insisted I go with him.
Png Png woke up late and we reached childcare at a quarter to 9. I quickily snapped a picture of my boys upon arrival at the childcare
I accompanied Png Png in the beginning. He sticked to me closely. The center manager, Vernice asked me to settle the administrative stuff with her. I found an opportunity to leave Png Png with the teacher. I heard Png Png cried for me a little while after I left him. Half way through with Vernice, there was fire drill. Vernice told me to hide at the void deck while the staff and children assembled at the basket ball court. Everyone in the center ran bare footed to the basket ball court. I saw Png Png still crying and Vernice was crying him. The teachers signalled me to hide when the fire drill was over. Director Annie invited me to her office to chat and hide away from Png Png. We had a long chat.

I appeared in front of Png Png after he took his lunch. He was playing at the gym while waiting to be showered. He told me and showed me he was playing with the slide. He sticked to me again when I went close to him. He refused to shower but wanted to shower again after he was showered. I stayed with him to wait for Chen Chen to finish lunch and shower before we left the center.
Png Png was happily humming 2 songs from the CD I got from the childcare. He was merry and said that he wants to go to childcare again tomorrow. I asked him if it is fine he goes with kor kor while mummy goes to work. He said can. His reply was out of my expectation


However, Png Png cried the next day. He cried on and off for 2 months before he stopped crying. He stopped crying since 14 Jan 2011. He didn't cry on certain days when K2 boys received him upon his arrival. He prefers to play with the K2 boys to the toddlers in his class. He likes Chen Chen's buddies Sean and Carle. Png Png went into the center happily and readily when he saw the 2 boys

No comments: