Thursday, September 23, 2010

Melbourne holiday - 23 Sep

It's breakfast time. Farmer Susan was busy in the kitchen. So she couldn't join us Western style breakfast. Needless to say, I go for the juice and cereal Last picture at Bringalbit - the adjoining room which we didn't use Farmer Susan sent us to Kyneton train station. We took train back to Melbourne I happened to pass by Aldi Stores supermarket which is few shops away from Avis car rental. While hubby settle the car rental, I shopped at the supermarket. The price of the items in this supermarket are fairly cheap. And, the quality is very good. This Belgium truffles cost only A$2.99. It has very fine texture that melts in the mouth. I intended to bring 1 box to my office, 1 box to hubby's office and 1 box for grandma. When I opened the box of truffles for my colleagues, the truffles were melted and hardened into a block from air-con environment in the office. I was so embrassed and brought it home to cut then passed around in office the following day. Because of this, I didn't give the other 2 boxes away. Everyone at home simply love this truffles. It is the best we ever tasted. After we checked in to Cowes Holiday Unit in Philip Island we hurried to the renowned penguine parade at Summerland beachTook the 1st picture before entering the park. No picture is allowed beyond this point Many visitors were there when we arrived All the good seats at the side were occupied. It was freezing seating by the beach to wait for dusk. The breeze was chilly. Brrr......

The following photos are obtained from website. Thanks to those who contributed these photos

At dusk, fairy penguins return to shore. Fairy penguin is the smallest penguin in the worldThe penguins moved in group. If one penguin in the group got frightened and moved back to the sea, all the others follow suit. They can go back and forth a few times before moving to their burrows. It's a very cute scene. Slowly, they moved back to their burrow. The baby penguin looks bigger than the adult penguin as their fur are very fluffy. A ranger told us that the baby penguin can't recognise their parents. They "attack" any adult penguin they came across for food. The adult penguin recognise their baby and bring food to their babies.
It was freezing cold. I wore my down jacket My baby penguin Baby penguin hiding away

No comments: