Sunday, September 19, 2010

Melbourne holiday - 19 Sep

We arrived Melbourne airport at around 6:20am in the morning. We took an airport bus from Mebourne airport to Easy Stay apartment in St Kilda. I checked the timetable on line at http://www.fapas.com.au/timetable. The earliest pick up was 7:05am which was too rush for us with 2 kids. So, we waited about 2 hours for 9:15am pick up. Then we discovered that the public transport time table in Australia is not as strict as Europe. We should have checked if the 7:05am bus was still there after we checked out instead of wasting our time waiting at the airport. Besides, my boys were sleeping and didn't eat on the plane. They were hungry. Both of them were eating biscuits



It was too early to check into the apartment when we arrived. We left out luggage with the check in counter at Easy stay and took tram to Queen Victoria Market





We had pizza lunch at Queen Victoria market. Chen Chen needed to go to loo after eating. Hubby brought him to loo. I waited in the restaurant with Png Png. Oh well, Png Png pooed. He cried as he wanted to change. It was very stressful for me for we had to wait for hubby and Chen Chen to come back. Besides the bags of stuff we bought, I was afraid we would loss hubby and Chen Chen if we moved away. Afterall, I was not familiar with his place and didn't know where is the changing station. I rushed off like mad when hubby and Chen Chen came back. Luckily Australia is a baby friendly place. We found a baby room but a lady was nursing her baby in the room. Hubby knocked at the door as we didn't know someone was inside. The lady called her hubby and her hubby came to tell us his wife was nursing baby. He told us there is a baby changing room in McDonalds fast food restaurant. Immediately I flew to the direction he pointed

We took a tram to South Melbourne market to do marketing. I wish I had more time to explore the market but I had to quickly buy all the food stuff and go. Both boys slept and hubby's face was black like charcoal.

We took tram back to Easy Stay check in counter and checked into the appointment reserved for us. The check in staff was very kind to give me an apartment at 36 Blessington Street St Kilda which I requested

My boys enjoyed playing on the bed while I was busy preparing dinner

I brought a few toys to keep the boys busy

Ready to sleep. Off the light

Roar......

No comments: