Friday, March 7, 2008

The arrival of Prince Png Png

I was very busy teaching temp staff in the office. My temp staff came in just 3 days ago. Mummy called me twice asking what time I gonna consult Dr Sim. I thought of waiting till the next gynae visit as I thought I felt better today. On a 2nd thought, I called Dr Sim's clinic at 11:45 am. Dr Sim was in the theatre. Her clinic assistant Janelle told me better go to the clinic. She fixed an appointment for me at 2:45pm

I was put on CTG to monitor contraction upon arrival at Dr Sim's clinic. To my surprise, Dr Sim said baby wanna come out already (@ exactly 36 weeks!!!). Dr Sim arranged me to be admitted. I thought Dr Sim was joking. I have not packed my hospital bag yet

At the clinic recep area, Dr Sim saw me and asked why I was not in the delivery room.

I went to delivery room and hubby did the admission procedure while papa and mummy stayed at the waiting area

I was told to bathe and the nurses did the necessary procedures for me
15+ I was in the delivery room Hubby went back to office to pack his things
17:40 Dr Sim broke my water bag and said that she will go home and change and come back in 30 min Hubby went to take his dinner
18:00 I was 7cm dilated Dr Sim and hubby were not back yet. Mid wife & I were panic. She contacted Dr Sim while I look for my cell phone to contact hubby but can't find my cell phone as hubby took it
18:30 Hubby came back. My back ached very badly and feel like passing motion. Mid wife told me to hold don't push. I took laughing gas and dosed off when contracting was gone
18:35 Dr Sim arrived. Mid wife said "your gynae is here push"
18:39 The cry of the prince to announce his arrival Hubby cut umbilical cord and Dr Sim stitched up my tear. I had slight tear. She didn't perform episiotomy on me

Png Png was very energetic. Swing his arms the moment his arms were out from my birth canal. Cried very loudly and non stop from the moment he arrived to the moment we were out of the delivery room

It was a swift, smooth and easy delivery. The contraction was not as intense as my previous delivery

Png Png was almost a premie He weighed 2.63kg, length 46cm head circumference 34cm

Energetic me taking the first look at my sweetypie

The proud Mummy and Png Png


The proud daddy and Png Png


Daddy, mummy and Png Png



Get ready to go to the nursery

No comments: