Thursday, May 31, 2012

Home teaching - The Little engine that could


The Little Engine that Could by Watty Piper is a very interesting book that teaches the moral of believing in oneself and never give up easily and lending a helping hand to others.  I like the catchy signature phrase "I think I can, I think I could".   I always use this to encourage Png Png to persist and don't give up.   But naughty Png Png always tell me the reverse of what the old rusty engine said "I can't, I can't".


Our lapbook cover - painting on shapes to form a train.  

Most of our materials were extracted from http://www.homeschoolshare.com/trains_lapbook.php

Vocabularies of train





Trains found in Singapore.   Png Png is very fascinated with this activity

Identify good and bad attitude

 Match words that rhyme


Words that begin with letter T
















 
Types of box cars



















Opposites



















Cirus animal counting and matching to the numbered box cars.   I was very surprised that Png Png can remember how many animals are there for each animal.   Well, that is more of a short term memory stimulation.
















Learn to tell time from train ticket.   The small boxes on the right hand side represent hour.  I let Png Png use hold puncher to punch hole of the time on the clock on the box on the right hand side

I dictated to Png Png to draw hour and minute hands on the clock.   He learned to tell o'clock and half past

No comments: